Morning of January 27th, 2017
Twelve Things for a Magical Morning
1. She's 98 and kill-ing it. Tao Porchon-Lynch, the world's oldest yogi, shares her secrets to aging gracefully. (Hint: thoughts become things so mind what you think.) #LifeGoals #Slay
2. Sign us up for Tao's Longevity workshop. Until then, a recent study by the Harvard School of Public Health found that women who surround themselves with plants live 12% longer. Perfect. Start now with these 10 houseplants that are good for your health.
3. Tao's not the only one sharing secrets. Read what entrepreneur, Gary Vaynerchuk, does every single morning to kickstart his hustle, and why Virgin's Founder, Richard Branson, swears staying healthy is the secret to his productivity.
4. Branson and other busy brains will be happy about this new study then. Researchers in England recently found that adults who crammed the recommended amount of exercise into the weekend, reap the same benefits as if they had spread out their fitness over the week.
5. Going traveling? Here's 6 tips on how you can continue eating healthy while out of your regular routine. (Pst! Alice is in Medellín, Colombia now, follow along here!)
6. Remember how to spell MORINGA. Moringa is a plant protein found in tropical trees and contains loads of vitamins and minerals (aka it's really good for you). In fact, Kelloggs recently made its first Venture Capital investment in a food brand called Kuli Kuli, that specializes in moringa-based products.
7. Moringa may be the new kale, but Avocado, we have not forgotten about you. Impress your Instagram followers with your new avo-rose cutting skills. Here is everything you need to know about preparing avocados.
8. Enough avo talk. Need to spice up your boring breakfast routine? This healthy Orange Coconut Bread with Mango, Goji Berries and Orange Glaze sounds too sweet and juicy to be true. Oh - and is anyone else still soaking cashews to make this restorative Unicorn Latte?
9. Not everybody shares our love for the good kind of fat. This London restaurant recently banned avocados from its menu. Hm. Expect more Brits to visit Amsterdam where the world's first ALL avocado restaurant will be opening soon. Finally.
10. Thomas Edison once said, "Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious." Now there are reasons you shouldn't go to sleep without a self-massage. Boom. Touch therapy is alive and well and it's an Ayurvedic practice called Abhyanga.
11. We're just past 2 weeks into 2017. Need a boost? Here are 11 questions to ask yourself as you reconsider your intentions in 2017. Our fave: Do you deposit or withdraw energy from others?
12. Quote Of The Day
Remember - every morning you can start over. xo
Don't forget to follow on Instagram at @LoveYourMornings.